Monday, December 10, 2007

Sick Days?

So today I was sick so I stayed home from work. I felt like crap when I woke up and I didn't even want to call work to say I was sick hahaha. I ended up falling asleep again and then waking up at around 10:30 to call in - which isn't good at all, but I figured... at least I am calling in. When I called I surprised myself when I started to talk - my voice was all weird sounding. I hadn't actually talked to anybody this morning so I had no idea. It was pretty strange.

Actually, apparently my gf is also sick. Interesting eh? I wish she wasn't sick but at the same time it's kind of interesting that we both got sick the same day haha. So it's actually not as bad as I thought ^_^

Recently I've been studying Japanese a lot. I've been trying to learn at least 10 words a day and so far it's working out!! 10 words a day is surprisingly easy. I've been doing it with the help of that Anki program I mentioned in a previous post and my own short 10 word lists I've been bringing with me to work and wherever else I go during the day. I've compiled a list of the words I've learned recently from the Japanese Proficiency Level 4 word list here and I've also put a link under the "Japanese Study" heading in the right column if you want to check it out. I've also been writing some of my mnemonics... which might be useful for some people (but they are my own so it might be hard to grasp why I chose the certain mnemonic) but help yourself!!

Hopefully soon I'll be learning some more grammar and then I might be able to actually speak a little Japanese! =D I'm really excited. I really miss my gf though. I hope I can get my passport soon so I can book my flight... I don't want to get a flight if I can't get my passport in time. But... I'll get it all figured out eventually.

2 comments:

Claytonian said...

ten a day is pretty easy. Try sentences soon!

Quaal said...

Thanks for the comment! I'll be starting that soon. I wanted to learn 150 words from that Anki list first. But I'll step up the studying and maybe leave some comments on your blog soon ^^