Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Week of crazy

It's been one week since my last post. I had planned to blog on the Saturday but I had other things come up. Right now I'm at work and so I won't be able to finish this post probably until later.

Last Thursday was Hime and my 2nd month anniversary. We had planned to go skating at 12:00-1:30 but I was late meeting her and then we ended up talking and exchanging presents and then it was already too late to go. We had stayed up really late the night before so we decided just to have a nap.

She had been waiting for her phone to arrive (we ordered it from customer service because it was cheaper and they were going to mail it with UPS to her apartment). They tried delivering it on Monday but she wasn't home so they left a notice. They tried again on Tuesday but they had an incorrect address so of course... It wasn't delivered yet again. On Wednesday it was the same thing and they said to pick it up at UPS... but they left no address information so I called the 1-800 number on the notice. The lady informed me that UPS was near the airport. So we were pretty upset we had to go so far just to pick up the phone. But what can you do. We sucked it up headed down to the UPS. We took the bus and it took about 20 minutes. Then we had to catch a cab to drive us to the UPS store because it was so out of the way.

When we got to the UPS store I asked the cab driver if he could wait and he said sure. So we went inside and waited in line. Finally we were helped and the lady brought out the package. Hime had her passport and whatnot on her so she could prove it was her picking up the package but apparently UPS needs an address identification to pick up parcels. And since Hime didn't have any kind of government issued identification with her current address we had to phone Fido with the UPS phone. The lady said "let me know when you have a customer service rep available". So I called them up and when I got ahold of a rep I said "UPS just needs to verify the address information on the account with you" and I said it loud and he said "Okay, can I talk to her?" and I said "She's helping a different customer now. Just a minute." (also loud enough for her to hear) So we waited... and waited... and then when she was finished with that customer she began helping a 2nd customer so I said "Excuse me, how long do we have to wait for you?" blah blah and then finally after helping THAT customer she came over and took the phone from me to verify. Idiot girl. Then she tried to blame me for not letting her know. We were waiting for so long before we got the package. The cab driver was wondering what was going on and came in to find out too. The cost to drive from the airport to the UPS store was $5 and the cost to make him wait for so long was $20. I was so angry with UPS. So please, boycott UPS if possible. They have horrible service ^_^.

On the way home we couldn't find the SIN card so again we were upset so we went to the Fido Downtown to ask them about it but apparently we just weren't very observant and it was in the box all along. So that was resolved. Finally. When we got back to my apartment we activated the phone and all was swell.

On Saturday Hime and I made a discovery when she signed on to her MSN at my house. Her roommates MSN name said "you're the idiot. just die" in Korean and she thought that it was directed towards her. She was really upset and and they argued a lot about it. On Sunday I spoke to him on the phone and he said that that wasn't his MSN name and that he had that as his MSN name a few weeks ago and it was about himself, not about anybody else. After I spoke to him I got to thinking "ah... I think he's telling the truth" because we saw him when he was offline and she never goes on msn at my house so odds are it was from a few weeks ago. We had called him from Hime's house so after that we went to my apartment to investigate. Sure enough it said the same thing which confirmed what I had been thinking so we called him and apologized. Hime was very emotional because she accused him of saying that as well as lying about saying it. I apologized too because I was more or less the instigator of the whole thing. Hime felt really sick afterwards so she had a nap in my apartment for about 15-20 minutes or so. Then my roommate came out to complain about Hime being there too often. I was really angry about that. A few minutes later we left and went to a going away party for one of Hime's friends.

No comments: