Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursdays

This morning I got up early (8:15) so I wouldn't be in a rush to eat breakfast, shower, and head out for the day... But when I woke up I was sidetracked by an email Hime sent me. It was pretty long and it took me a little while to send a reply. By that time I was already running late and only had time for a shower and to run out the door. Luckily I remembered my mp3 player my sister gave me for Christmas.

Whenever I walk across downtown from my apartment to the skytrain I like to learn Japanese.. So I've been listening to the Pimsleur's Japanese audio books. They're really really good (though I haven't got too far into them yet. I'm on Japanese I - Lesson 15 (out of Japanese I, II, III - 30 lessons in each) But so far I'm progressing quite well. I've already learned a bunch of new things ^_^

I arrived at Metrotown at 10:00 on the dot, there was an announcement saying that stores will be opening now for customers to enter. While I walked through the mall I changed my mp3 player over to the Diablo 2 soundtrack. The first song that came on was the "Wilderness" song. So I was walking through metrotown listening to Diablo 2... it was quite epic.

When I got to the arcade lo and behold it was still closed. I looked inside and sure enough it was 'fat guy' who was opening it. He never opens on time. Idiot. So I went over to Sakura Media to check out what they had (even though they almost always have the same stuff, I had to kill some time). I looked through all their DVD's and then moved on to the soundtracks. I want to buy Hime the 耳をすませば (Whisper of the Heart) soundtrack but I couldn't find it. I asked the lady working there and she said I could find it in the Crystal mall Sakura Media. Then I got to thinking that Hime might not even want it and I don't really want to buy her something if she won't like it. But I know where to find it at least if i change my mind.

After a while the arcade opened up so I went in and played a game of In The Groove 2 since Sol8 hadn't shown up yet. He showed up a little while later and we played for a bit. Then I realized I was hungry since I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. I went and bought McDonalds -_-' After sitting outside for a little while to cool off we went back in to play some more In The Groove.

At around 12:30 we left and headed for Sports Check because I wanted to buy something. My aunt gave me a gift certificate and I wanted to buy something while they still had holiday sales on. Sol8 left after about 20 minutes because he had to go drive his sister somewhere. I ended up staying in there for quite a while. I finally decided on this UnderArmor Fleece Hoodie and a Nike Dri-Fit Pro Shirt. They had a deal for "buy one get 2nd item 50% off" so I went a little over budget on those two items but I think it was definitely worth it. I'm really happy with them. The sweater is incredibly comfortable, super warm, and surprisingly light. Its great. After that I went home.

When I got home I went on irc and was chatting to some friends in deltaanime. Namely Ajarn. We started going through old quotes of friends. We did that for a whole hour, reading and laughing. Good times good times. After that he left to go eat "and stuff" and then my girlfriend came online. Perfect timing ^_^.

I talked to her for an hour or so, I believe, but she had to go to her friends house out of town so she wasn't able to stay and chitchat forever like we normally do. I hate saying bye to her but well, what can you do. I hope she's having lots of fun in Japan though, I really do. I'd rather her have fun in Japan than talk to me on msn, that's for sure. Well I mean I would rather talk to her but I'd rather her be happy before me, so there you have it ^_^. In any case she said she would email me and she hasn't yet so I guess she will be emailing me in the evening her time which is early early morning my time. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I had planned on going out to the "Draw Jam" tonight (hosted by The Artery) but I got sidetracked by laundry... 5 loads of laundry! It was chaos. So many clothes to fold. I washed 34 shirts, 6 pairs of pants, 13 sweaters and who knows how many socks. Now my bedroom is a lot more clean. In any case, I convinced kachu to make a blog. Let's hope she updates it hehe.

Also I told my friend Potato that I would mention her in my blog so... Thank you for letting me spill out all my problems to you!! =D You're my favorite pomme de terre.

1 comment:

Ajarn said...

Epic post dude =)