Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hime's Parents!?

Last week I met Hime's parents. They came to Canada from Japan for a week (well about a week). They arrived Monday but on Tuesday they left for Las Vegas and brought Hime with them. They came back from Las Vegas on Thursday morning and I saw them again for most of the day Thursday and Friday. They left to go back to Japan on Saturday at around noon but I was at work so I had to say goodbye to them on Friday night.

It was really interesting meeting them. I couldn't have much of a conversation so Hime ended up translating a lot but they were really cool. I really enjoyed thier company. They took me out for dinner and lunch a number of times and wouldn't let me pay. I wrote a letter for them in Japanese with help from Kenji though. I wrote it in English and then he translated it into Japanese for me and then I rewrote it in Japanese. I gave her parents both the English copy and the Japanese copy. I think they liked it. I hope so.

Today is Valentines day and Hime and I rented a room at the Sandman hotel on Davie. We got the Jacuzzi Queen Suite on the Penthouse floor (24). Its a really nice view of the city. I can't wait until tonight ^_^. It is suprisingly inexpensive for what you get.. Top floor of a nice hotel with a beautiful room.... AND a jacuzzi for $204 a night. I bought her a couple little things that I hope she likes. I guess I'll find out tonight. Next blog I'll talk about what I bought and put up some pictures of our room and the view. ^^

No comments: