Monday, January 08, 2007

New Bookshelf

So last night when I got home from work, I passed a bookshelf in the alley of my apartment. First thing I thought was, "I could use that". But I went inside and sat down on the computer instead. After some game playing and chatting and whatnot I decided that I really DID need that bookshelf. So at around 12:30am I went back outside and grabbed the bookshelf. I tried my best to reorganize my bedroom but it didn't quite work out 100%. My room is still a little messy (but definitely a lot cleaner than it was before). It's a ratty old purple bookshelf that looks like it was made by an aspiring 10 year old and then painted by his little brother. Either the last person who had it used it as a punching bag, or it was fashioned from random planks of wood found in the dumpster. But it works, and now its mine.

Today, work was boring. Then again, its always boring. This girl, Rupe, asked for my email today at work. Normally I'm not a fan of making "work friends" but she's pretty cool. That makes two people's emails I've got at work. There's one other person's email I'd like to get. This french lady named Gill. She's very cool - my favorite person to talk to at work right now.

So, my Hime comes home from Japan tomorrow. I'm so excited. I'm going to go meet her at the airport tomorrow morning and spend, hopefully, the rest of the day with her.

Right now I should be sleeping because I need to wake up early in order to get to the airport in time to greet her when she gets off the plane. She will probably be tired since 9am our time 2am in Japan, so if she didn't sleep on the plane she'll be wanting to sleep ASAP after she gets off the plane probably. So weird to change timezones so drastically like that.

Today I got my friend Sol8 to make a blog and hopefully he will be updating his quite frequently too. I also tried to convince my friend minibean to make a blog but she refuses. She hasn't even read this yet. So, minibean, when you read this, email me.

I think my room is about as clean as it is going to get tonight since I have to get to sleep pretty soon. I made two teriyaki chicken breasts for dinner and man where they tasty. (But I probably didn't make them 'correctly' according to tradition... but whatever, they sure tasted good)

Oh yeah, I should talk about Empire (Orson Scott Card's Novel). I finished it today and it was really good. It was hard to put down. I had to force myself to stop reading. In the beginning I wasn't totally sure I would enjoy it, but after I got into the story... really good. It is worth buying in my opinion. Definitely worth reading, that's for sure. It was a Christmas present from my Mom. =D

The next book I'm going to read is "Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ancestors of Avalon" of the Avalon Series by Diana L. Paxson. My sister bought me this for Christmas so its time to read it ^_^


Well sleep time. I hope to post tomorrow evening.

No comments: