Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Man From Earth

A Man From Earth is a good movie. I watched it because... well mainly because I was bored. The 2nd reason was because it sounded interesting. More-so than most movies that have come out recently. The 3rd reason was because it's free to watch on certain websites. Now, I'm not condoning being a pirate however, on this site you don't actually have to download anything. It's great!! If you can find a movie hosted on Stage6 or S6 for short, you're laughin'. It's DVD quality and streams really fast. Wonderful website - use it while you can. (also the poster for the movie has no relevance to the actual movie itself... so don't be fooled - it's completely different haha)

ANYWAY the movie was really good. It's about this guy who's been around for 14,000 thousand years (or so he claims) and suddenly he just decides to tell his friends about it before he leaves town. The whole movie is situated in his living room (yes I know it sounds boring but bear with me) while he tells his story. His friends are all highly intellectual colleagues of differing professions. It's really well written, filmed and told. Despite it never changing location, it went by quicker than most movies - I was upset it was over so soon. But don't let the drab description I've given it dissuade you from watching it - go watch it because I said it's good. That is... if you like movies that make you think.

No comments: