Wednesday, January 09, 2008

20th is When I Leave

It's confirmed. I fly out on the 20th. This morning I woke up, went and picked up my passport and went straight to buy my ticket. I'll be leaving Canada on January the 20th and comin' back home on the 13th of April. I'm pretty excited =D I can't even imagine what it'll be like. Right now it feels like it's all a dream - like I'm not actually going there. It's a pretty amazing feeling. My gf has been at work all day so I haven't been able to share the excitement yet but I think she'll finish soon ^_^

Here's some numbers:
  • The passport took me about 2 weeks to get. I applied in person and picked it up in person. It cost me $97 I believe (with the $10 pickup charge).
  • The plane ticket cost me $1057 (incl. tax) for a round trip flying economy on JAL Airlines. It's a flight to Sapporo (In Hokkaido - Northern Japan) so I'll transfer in Narita to Chitose.
  • Other than that.. no numbers haha. Once I'm in Japan I might be able to give a little more insight but that's it for now.
I'll be moving out of my apartment before I fly off to Japan. I'm moving back home to Penticton so I can save more money and live with my family before permanently moving to Japan later in 2008. I'm kinda sad to say bye to my friends here in Vancouver but well, we'll only be a flight away ^_^ I'm not sure if anybody reads my friend's blogs I've linked on the right (at the moment only 2 update) but Bodhi is who will be moving in. She's mentioned it in her blog too but I thought I'd point that out. She has an interesting blog so go read it if you're looking for more reading material. If you're studying English, also go read it as she uses a lot of interesting grammatical styles that you probably won't find very often.

I'm going to Japan!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yattttttta!!
Im so excited to see you again!!
Im waiting for yoooouuu:)
Take careeee!!

Anonymous said...

Brandon, in two more days you will be in Japan. We are going to miss you. Hope you will keep your blog up todate so we know what you are up to. Talk to you soon. Have fun and give Hiromi a hug for us here in Penticton. XOXOX Mom